The MIT $100K returns for its 29th year, with the first of three competitions this year: PITCH!
In PITCH, finalists have 90 seconds to pitch their startup idea to a panel of judges and over 400 live audience members, all for the chance to win $5,000. No slides, just you and your idea.
In addition to the $5,000 Grand Prize, finalists will also compete for the $2,000 Audience Choice Award.
PITCH 2017 Finalists:
- Victor Hunt - Paragon Real Estate Technologies
- Shaheer Piracha - Umbulizer
- Meghan McCormick - OZÉ
- Kaitie Olsen - World Hernia Project
- Apurva Shrivastava - Capiche
- Adam Hasz - Energy Democracy Cooperative (EDC)
- Vivian Graves - Hustle
- Stephanie Rampello - OneLessThing
- Jesper Alkestrup - SoilSense
- Wen Jie Ong - Divaqua Technologies
- Fabricio Pezente - Tellus
- Wendel Afonso - Milk Care
- Jacob Becraft - MedAssist
- Alex Benjamin - Sonic Vision
- Aagya Mathur - Aam
- William Le - Lala Salama
- Andrew Mullen - Diagnox
- Jessica Shi - Tactile
- Sal Amarasinghe - Famility
- Andrej Safundzic - StartHub Africa
Meet our guest speaker: Jon Bloom
Dr. Jon Bloom is the CEO of Podimetrics, a medtech and services company focused on the early detection and prevention of diabetic foot ulcers. He co-founded Podimetrics while attending the MIT Sloan School of Management in 2011. He was awarded the audience-choice prize at the MIT $100K - 2011 Pitch contest.
Dr. Bloom is a board-certified physician with over 15 years of experience in healthcare delivery, technology development, and biomedical research. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology and the author of over 20 peer-reviewed publications.
Prior to MIT Sloan and Podimetrics, he was an attending anesthesiologist and Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Before practice, he served as the Director of Medical Affairs for Covidien's Respiratory and Monitoring Solutions division. He completed his residency at the Massachusetts General Hospital. Prior to this, he conducted research into drug metabolism at the Scripps Research Institute's Dept. of Molecular and Experimental Medicine.